Recovers most of losses but off the highs.
- The Dow ended the day with a small 7 point gain or +0.03%.
- The S&P index ended the day down 3.04 points or -0.13 points to 2388.13. The low reached 2379.75.
- The Nasdaq ended down -22.815 points or -0.37% to 6072.55. The low reached 6053.277. The high reached 6076.96
Nasdaq record close but up only 0.06%
- The S&P index is ending the day up 2.7 points or +0.11%
- The Nasdaq index ending the day up 3.766 pointe or 0.06%. That is a new record high.
- The Dow is ending the day up 35 points or +0.17%
S&P down -0.19%. Dow down -0.19%. Nasdaq down -0.02%
- S&P was down -0.19% or -4.57 points to 2384.20. The high for the day reached 2393.68. The low for the day reached 2382.36.
- Nasdaq was down -1.332 points or -0.02% to 6047.60. The high today reached 6074.03. The low reached 6040.707
- The Dow fell by -40.82 points or -0.19% to 20940.51. The high today reached 20987.76. The low extended to 20926.75.
- The Nasdaq was the big winner for the week, rising by 2.32%
- The S&P rose by 1.91%
- The Dow rose by 1.51%.
- The Nasdaq rose by 2.30% this month
- The S&P rose by 0.91%.
- The Dow rose by 1.34%.
- The Nasdaq is leading the way with a 12.34% gain
- The S&P is up 6.49% and
- The Dow is up 5.96%.
Dow up small
S&P down -0.05%. Nasdaq unchanged. Dow -0.10%
- The S&P ended down -1.16 points or -0.05% to 2387.45. The high for the day toyed with the 2400 level (high reached 2398.16). The low came in at 2386.76.
- The Dow fell by -21.03 points or -0.10%. The high extended to 21070. The low reached 20972.27. The index closed at 20975.09.
- The Nasdaq is ending the day down -0.265 points, unchanged on the day. The high extended to 6040.89. The low 6021.719. The close 6025.227.
The Nasdaq Composite closed at a new all-time high on Tuesday, with the S&P 500 not far behind with sentiment brightening sentiment across trading desks.
The tech-heavy Nasdaq climbed 0.7 per cent to 6,025.5 — its first ever close above the 6,000 mark. The small-cap Russell 2000 was up 1 per cent to 1,411.3, having hit an intra-day record earlier in the day. Meanwhile, the S&P 500 gained 0.6 per cent to 2,388.6.
Lower taxes would increase corporate America’s profits and spark higher levels of economic growth, according to analysis from numerous investment banks following the November election. However, the failure of the White House to repeal and replace Obamacare has cast a shadow on the administration’s ability to enact fiscal measures.
Meanwhile, investors continued to unwind positions in havens that were built up ahead of the French vote. The 10-year Treasury yield, which moves in the opposite direction of the price, was up 0.0646 percentage points to 2.338 per cent. Gold slid 1 per cent to $1,263 a troy ounce.
Nasdaq up 1.24%. S&P index up 1.08%. Dow up 1.08%
- Nasdaq rose by 73.299 points or 1.24% to 5983.82. The high reached 5989.91, less than 11 points from the Nasdaq 6000. The low was 5970.254.
- The S&P index rose y 25.45 points or 1.08% to 2374.15. The high reached 2376.98. The low came in at 2369.19. The all time high for the S&P index came in at 2400.98 on March 1.
- The Dow rose by 216.13 to 20763.89. The high reached 20792.20. The low came in at 20723.59. The all time high for the Dow came on March 1st at a high price of 21169.11. Today, the Dow moved back above the 50 day MA at 20717.77. The price has been below that MA since April 12th.
Not today Trump. France has an election.
- S&P ended down -0.30% to 2248.69. The high reached 2356.18. The low 2344.51. The index failed to close above the 50 day MA this week at 2357.42 despite a few tries to break back above. That is a little more bearish at the end of the week and something to watch in the early part of next week.
- One day after closing at a record level, the Nasdaq is closing at 5910.52 down -6.254 points or -0.11%
- The Dow fell by -30.95 points or -0.15%
- S&P indeix is ending the week with a gain of 0.85%
- Nasdaq is ending with a gain of 1.82%
- The Dow is ending up 0.46%
- S&P is up 4.91%
- Nasdaq is up 9.8%
- Dow is up 3.97%
S&P and Dow down. Nasdaq ends with a smallish gain (but well off the day highs).
- The Nasdaq ended the day higher by 13.56 points or +0.23% at 5863.03. Although up, it was well below the high at 5894.67 (up about 45 on the day at the peak).
- The S&P index is ending the day down -4.07 points or -0.17% at 2338.12. The high extended to 2352.63. The low reached 2335.05
- The Dow was under pressure all day as IBM was the biggest drag for that index. The Dow fell -119.13 points on the day to 20404.49. The high reached 20546.69. The low reached 20379.55.