As if Ukraine was not struggling through enough turmoil currently, Bloomberg reports that the fragile coalition government has collapsed after two parties quit. The UDAR and Svoboda parties said they’d leave the government and seek a snap parliamentary ballot. Tempers have been fraying recently as numerous brawls have broken out in parliament ahead of President Poroshenko’s pledge to call elections this year. All we have to do now is find out who Washington would like to see in power? The end result: Prime Minister Yatsenyuk just resigned. The big question now is what will the IMF do about the remaining tranches of its loans? Via BBG:
- *YATSENYUK RESIGNS
- *YATSENYUK SAYS HE RESIGNS BECAUSE OF COALITION COLLAPSE
- *YATSENYUK SAYS HE WON’T CALL FOR A NEW COALITION
- *YATSENYUK SAYS HE RESIGNS ALSO BECAUSE GOVT LAWS FAILED TO PASS
- *UKRAINE SPEAKER TURCHYNOV CALLS FOR INTERIM PREMIER
How The Ukrainian government has settled these problems in the past.
>> Read More
In a recent address, Sergei Glazyev, the Economic Advisor to Russian President Putin warned that the US has begun another World War with their actions in the Ukraine, and stated that in order to solve the Ukraine conflict,Russia must defeat the heart or Nazism- the US.
“Kiev is clearly conducting a policy of genocide to eliminate the whole population of Donbass… They’re destroying hospitals, kindergartens, schools. The fate they’re preparing for the people of Donbass is serfdom… It is obvious that the United States is fully controlling the Kiev Nazis, Poroshenko personally, and the government, and is pushing them to pursue this war against Donbass to the very end… THIS IS A WAR BY THE UNITED STATES AGAINST US… So we have to understand that the key to resolving the catastrophe of Ukraine is to be found in Washington.
That’s where Nazism has to be defeated..”
Last week I stumbled across this excellent video about Graham which includes old clips from his investment classes as well as some of his former students (including Warren Buffett, Rob Brandes and Irving Kahn) giving interviews about the effect the legendary investor had on them:
The Golani Brigade enters Gaza on a mission: remove Hamas’ terrorist infrastructure & restore quiet to Israel
Your one stop to catch up on all the latest development surrounding the crash of flight MH17 and the recovery effort. Courtesy of Bloomberg.
- German Chancellor Merkel, Russian President Putin discussed ICAO’s role in MH17 crash investigation; need for talks
- Putin says plane crash shouldn’t be used for political gain
- Says Russia will do all it can to end east Ukraine clashes
- U.S. Secretary of State Kerry, Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov agree on impartial investigation of MH17 crash
- Kerry says circumstantial evidence points to Russian-supplied missile attack on MH17.
- Turkish PM Erdogan believes Russia shot down MH17: Hurriyet
WHAT TO WATCH:
- Poroshenko Orders Truce Within 20 Km of Crash Site: IFX
- East Ukraine separatist Borodai says train with MH17 bodies hasn’t left area; rebels seek “objective” investigation
- U.K. said to seek ban on EU defense goods export to Russia
- Looking at sanctions options, incl. energy: PM’s office
- Dutch PM Rutte says economic, political, financial measures on table in response to limited access to MH17 crash site
- Russians divided over their country’s role in Ukraine: poll
- Separatists fired at OSCE crash investigators: ABC News
- OSCE team not getting access needed to do job: Swiss ambassador
- Russia seeks to cut dependence on IBM, Microsoft amid sanctions
MARKETS: >> Read More