Down but not a disaster…
The European stocks are down on the day, BUT the major indices are ending off the lows.
- German Dax is ending the day down -0.3%.
- UK FTSE is down -0.9%
- France’s CAC is down -0.6%
- Spain’s Ibex is down -0.6%
- Portugal’s PS120 is down -0.85%
The lone wolf in the bunch was the Italian FTSE MIB which eked out a gain of 0.07%.
Although down, a disaster was averted. The snapshot at the start of the NY session showed the following changes:
- German Dax down -0.73%,
- UK FTSE -1.03%,
- France’s CAC down -1.01%,
- Spain’s IBEX -1.64%, and
- Italy’s FTSE MIB -1.60%
That is a pretty good comeback for the major European indices.
How has 10 year yields done today?
- Germany 0.346%, -3.2 bp (was down -5.2 bp at the start of the NY day)
- France 0.803%, -3.2 bp (was down -4.7 bp)
- UK 1.063%, unchanged (was down -2.8 bp)
- Spain 1.567%, unchnaged (was down -3.5 bp)
- Italy 2.151%, unchanged (was down -4.3 bp).