Monday February 25
- China Flash PMI: Consensus expectations are for a read of 52.2, almost flat from last month’s 52.3
- Israel MPC: Consensus expectations are for no change from the current level of 1.75%. Goldman sees a 25 bps cut.
- Also interesting: Mexico Current Account, Singapore CPI
Tuesday February 26
- Hungary MPC: Consensus expects the Central Bank to cut the policy rate by 25 bps to 5.25%.
- US Consumer Confidence: Consensus forecasts an improvement in US consumer confidence in February from 58.6 to 62.0.
- US Case Shiller Home Price Index: Consensus expectations are for an increase of 0.5%, down from 0.6% from the last report.
- US New Home Sales: Consensus at 3.0% better than last month’s -7.3% reading.
- Fed Chairman Bernanke testifies at the Senate Banking Committee
- Also Interesting: US Richmond Fed, Mexico Trade Balance, Taiwan Export Orders, Japan Retail Sales
Wednesday February 27
- US Durable Goods Orders: Consensus at -4.0% on a plunge in airrcraft orders, after a strong December read of 4.3%.
- Also interesting: Euro Area Consumer Confidence, UK Q4 revised GDP
Thursday February 28
- US Q4 GDP (Second Estimate): Consensus at 0.5% up substantially from the first estimate at -0.1%
- US Chicago PMI: Consensus at 54.1 down from last month’s 55.6
- US Initial Jobless Claims: Consensus expects 360,000, stable from last month’s 362,000.
- Also interesting: Germany Retail Sales, Euro Area HCPI, Japan Unemployment Rate, Japan/South Korea Industrial Production, India Q4 GDP
Friday March 1
- US ISM Manufacturing Index: Consensus at 52.5 down from last month’s 53.1.
- US U. Michigan Consumer Sentiment: Consensus expects no change from last month’s read both at 76.3.
- US Personal Spending: Consensus expects an increase of 0.2%, stable from last month.
- US Personal Income: Consensus expects a 2.0% decline.
- Russia MPC: Central Bank expected to be on hold.
- Global PMIs
- Also Interesting: US Construction Spending, Euro Area Unemployment rate, Korean Exports, Canada GDP, Brazil Trade Balance, Chile MPC minutes, Polish Q4 GDP.